Put your Best Foot Forward with Epoxy Coatings
Epoxy flooring provides many key benefits for hard-worked areas such as garages, sheds, and industrial spaces. Especially effective for high-stress environments, applying epoxy paint to floor surfaces is a great way to invest in your home or commercial property. While the application of epoxy paint needs to be done correctly, the benefits far outweigh the installation process.
What is Epoxy Flooring?
Epoxy flooring refers to many layers of epoxy resins that add up to a thickness of at least 2mm. If the epoxy paint is less than 2mm, then it is often called epoxy coating. Either way, epoxy is a very durable substance that is painted over plain concrete areas. However, some concrete surfaces won’t hold the coating and prepping the area can be very time-consuming. With that in mind, there are ways to evaluate your concrete and see if epoxy flooring is right for your particular project.
Installing Epoxy Paint
For smaller concrete areas like a garage or work shed, installing epoxy is a three to four-day commitment. To truly have a successful installation, it is important to be fully prepared. The first day should be devoted to cleaning the floor, removing any oil or grease spots, vacuuming, mopping and rinsing the area completely. The second day should include filling in any cracks and applying the initial epoxy coating. On the third day, you can apply the second coat of epoxy.
For commercial floors and industrial spaces, installing an epoxy floor should be handled by professionals. Due to the size and scope of the project, it is vital to have expert installers complete the work. Moreover, you’ll find that your new floor will be ready for work and look great in a timely fashion.
The Benefits of Having an Epoxy Floor
You’ll discover that having epoxy paint on your concrete is not only aesthetically-pleasing, but offers a lot of other important benefits for your hard-working floor.
• Strength – Epoxy is an extremely strong material that is resistant to oil, grease and chemical spills.
• Durability – Your new floor will last much longer than a plain concrete surface. Epoxy coatings can withstand high traffic areas and resist wearing down.
• Low-maintenance – Since the epoxy coating seals concrete, cleaning up dirt, grime and spills is simple.
• Safety – Because epoxy is slip-resistant and can handle extreme temperatures, your coated floor is safer for everyone.
• Environmentally-friendly – Rather than reinstalling a completely new concrete floor every few years, epoxy paint provides a positive, sustainable alternative.
If you are considering a new epoxy floor for your home, industrial location or commercial building, you should understand the benefits of saving time and money with your investment. Unless you are confident in epoxy coating installation, it may be wise to consider professional installers to handle the installation. Contact us today to get started with your particular epoxy paint project.